Saturday, October 13, 2012

Comparisons: Rainbow Honey Kawako and Oni

Rainbow Honey Comparisons
Oni and Kawako

All polishes are photographed without top coat for this comparison.

I initially thought Oni was like a pumped up version of Orly Buried Alive.

I WAS WRONG. This is what I get for comparing things to my untrieds!! ><

What it really resembles is L'Oreal Owl's Night. However, they both have very different base colors and the contrast of the shimmer and base are different. Oni also has the pinky purple shimmers in it.

Orly Buried Alive -- RH Oni -- L'Oreal Owl's Night -- China Glaze Midtown Magic
NO FLASH

I also compared it to China Glaze Midtown Magic, which was way more red but had some similar shimmers in it but no gold flaky shimmers.


 China Glaze Midtown Magic -- L'Oreal Owl's Night -- RH Oni -- Orly Buried Alive
FLASH

This shows the difference in base colors for each as well as the amount of shimmer particles.

Orly Buried Alive -- RH Oni -- L'Oreal Owl's Night -- China Glaze Midtown Magic
FLASH

Here, Owl's Night looks purpleish next to Oni. 

Now on to Kawako!

I was VERY WRONG AGAIN with this polish. I thought, hey, it has a finish like SC Neptune. Not really! It is a bit more complex than that. I honestly don't own a lot of colors in this range of blue because it is not one of my favorites. :/ So I am working with what I have.

MISSHA JBL01 -- Sinful Colors Neptune -- RH Kawako -- Orly Stone Cold

I added a few other SUPER SHIMMERS to the mix. As you can see, Kawako takes on a very silvery finish without top coat. It is filled to the brim with shimmer.

MISSHA JBL01 -- Sinful Colors Neptune -- RH Kawako -- Orly Stone Cold

JBL01 and Stone Cold are both shimmers with a jelly base, so they have a
"glow" in the flash. SC Neptune is more like a glass fleck type finish, its shimmer particles looking kind of glassy. Kawako is bumpy and has a silver sheen to it. I am not sure what that finish would be other than glitter. It is very unique in my collection, though, I know that for certain.

Orly Stone Cold -- RH Kawako -- Sinful Colors Neptune -- MISSHA JBL01

Was this comparison helpful to you? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment