Thursday, May 17, 2012

Today is my Birthday! It is time for a catch up post!

FIRST-----My birthday mani!!


I got my cherryculture.com order yesterday. They had a NYX sale so the NYX Salon formula was only $2.20 a bottle or something. What I used for this mani is NYX Pastel Pistachio (omg gorgeous), China Glaze Blonde Bombshell (I ordered a backup, it is getting low), NYX 24k Glitter, and a minty franken I made from an eyeshadow and some gold glitter!

NYX Pastel Pistachio (no cleanup, I was doing a glitter gradient)

NYX Pastel Pistachio
 Did I choose this color because my husband is making me a key lime pie?!


The franken! I love it, very softly shimmery with gold glitter.



The flash makes it look like I have lobster hands but it is not so.

Posing with a necklace from my Etsy store 


And some progress photos!
This is from March 21...

...This is May 10th! They may be getting a hair too long, I am going to push it and see.

My first really successful gradient!

I used China Glaze Pelican Grey, Essie Cocktail Bling, and Kleancolor Concrete Grey (which is a dupe for Deborah Lippmann Stormy Weather)

Yes, the blog says No Holos but this is a VERY subtle holo and to me it looks mostly shimmery. Seriously, A England polishes are AMAZING! This one is St. George. I stamped it with DRK-A and some clear top coat after I matted it.





I know, this is a HUGE post, but it is my birthday, I post what I want to!

This is BB Couture Man Bug..so so pretty and squishy! This is a polish I bought with my NinjaPolish gift card from winning Neverland Nail Blog's nail art contest! I also got HITS Mari Moon Trendy and Model's Own Peacock Green. Yay for first polishes of certain brands!


I decided to sponge on it with OPI Last Friday Night, Zoya Zuza and China Glaze Watermelon Rind. I also used some weird little fimo things, I think I need practice on that front, haha



I am already having a wonderful birthday. I have met so many wonderful people this last year. I may have spent a lot of money on nail polish (ha ha) but hey. :) 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and Happy 100 GFC followers! Gorgeous manis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I had a wonderful birthday! I just noticed the GFC count too!

      Delete
  2. These are all so awesome! Hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete