Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Post About Cleanup

Hello again, I am a posting fool this week while trying to put off writing another chapter of my thesis...!

I have a special topic today, that of cleanup!


Because the ELF concealer brush did not work for me for cleanup (too thick and the bristles were short!), I decided to get out one of my flat topped acrylic brushes out for modification.



This is a synthetic brush and was in a package of 8? for $2.99 or something at Hobby Lobby.
It used to be flat! I kinda snipped here and there to get it to a decent shape. Notice that I thinned it; I did this by razoring down the sides at the top of the bristles. I did this along the edges, as well, to make it less wide.

 

Here, I am pretending to clean up my nails. Just demonstrating how it can leave a small gap. 

 

Closeup! Note: this mani did not get a cleanup! :O


From the previous post, a close up of an actual cleaned up mani!


And another one! (piCture pOlish Jade)


I have been using it when I feel like it (and mostly on my right hand...) for a few months and it is pretty awesome. I feel like a longer bristle with a shorter width and thinner profile definitely helps. I can be more precise and get a thinner cleanup line.  Maybe this can help those who need to make a better cleanup brush and can't slap down the $$ for a nice kolinsky!

No comments:

Post a Comment